Unhelpful Error Messages No. 15: Find it yourself.

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk
Fri Oct 11 11:58:43 EDT 2002

I really could do with a line number in this error message. Or a bit
more context. Unfortunately, rslhHTML is 1200+ lines and something
like 40 classes.

This is from the command prompt. Harness.py has one line (the import)
and a docstring. Oddly, if I import the module into PythonWin, I don't
get an error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "harness.py", line 5, in ?
    from rslhHTML import *
TypeError: __init__() takes at least 2 arguments (1 given)

I've checked every use of __init__ and they all have more than 2
arguments but what's more interesting is why it's picking this up at
import time. It's not running any code. There's just a bunch of class
definitions.

Very odd.
--
Dale Strickland-Clark