newbie, dir tree parsing

Jaqui jaqui at shaw.ca
Thu Oct 17 06:59:57 EDT 2002

new to python, need to make an app to completely scan the computer for a
  specific directory, take that path and insert it into a python script
for another application to use.
I know the python mods to look at and work with to get the path data,
but how to insert into another script ( opened by the app to do so )?

literally need to pull *\poser\runtime\python where the * is the
absolute path to the specified directory.
then put the absolute path into a script opened by the app so that the
app poser can make use of the script. poser's python interpreter
requires an absolute path.

has to be win9x/me/2k/xp and mac. since poser doesn't run on normal unix os.