Draw rectangle on a Window DC

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Mon Oct 21 17:21:49 EDT 2002

Anand fed this fish to the penguins on Monday 21 October 2002 07:01 am:

> Hi
>
>     I need to draw a rectangle when the user selects an area
> over a wxPanel containing a wxStaticBitmap. The rectangle shoud change
> in size according to the dragging of the mouse.

        I have no idea of the features of wx* but...

>  How do I write the event processing code so that I dont have many
> rectangles overlapping each other, but just one that keeps changing
> size ?

        The general technique for "rubber band" lines is to draw with an
exclusive-or operator. Then, before updating position, you redraw on
the old coordinates.

> The code I have right now,
>
>  if event.Dragging():

        somewhere in here you need to redraw/erase the old box, THEN get the
new