python cgi script ImportError:

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Wed Oct 16 04:24:03 EDT 2002

"Mike S." wrote:

> I've written a cgi script that is giving me an ImportError.  What's
> confusing is that the same code executed in idle runs fine.
>
> i.e, when in idle I use (>> import dislin) and have no problems, but
> in the
> following cgi script:
>
> #!d:\python22\python
> import dislin
>
> the error log reports: "ImportError: No module named dislin"

When such things happen, it is almost certainly a difference in the
environment.  Check sys.path in IDLE, and then check it when run from
the CGI script.

/  \ God will forgive me; that's his business.
\__/ Heinrich Heine
    WebVal / http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/webval/
 URL scanner, maintainer, and validator in Python.