Spectrogram plotting

Fernando Pérez fperez528 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 8 15:34:56 EDT 2002

Tom wrote:

> I also use spectra and plot the FFT.  here's what I found out.

[snip]

I agree with you that the state of python plotting is less than ideal.
Bindings for many libraries, but not one _really_ clean, pythonic, fully OO
one. I use gnuplot simply because I've used it for a long time and know how
to handle its quirks. I've looked at dislin and it seems nice, but not so
much to make it worth for me relearning everything. I'm sort of waiting for
chaco to get to production level, and living (grudgingly) with gnuplot in the
meantime.

Thanks for your code offer, but I don't use Windows at all, so it won't be of
much use to me.

Cheers,

f.