How do I invoke IE browser from Python on Mac OS X?

Paul Jackson pj at engr.sgi.com
Sun Oct 20 21:25:21 EDT 2002

And from http://www.osxfaq.com/man/1/open.ws
comes the open(1) man page:

===========
    open - open files

    SYNOPSIS

	   open [ -a app ] [ -o ] [ -p ] filename ...

    DESCRIPTION

	   The open command opens a file (or a directory), just as if
	   you had double-clicked the file's icon.

	   You can specify one or more  file  names  (or  pathnames),
	   which  are  interpreted  relative to the Shell or Terminal
	   window's current working directory.  For example, the fol-
	   lowing  command  would open all WriteNow files in the cur-
	   rent working directory:

		open *.wn

    ARGUMENTS

	   -a       specifies an application to use for  opening  the
		    file.

	   -o       opens  the  file (can be used in combination with
		    -p).

	   -p       causes the file to be printed instead of  opened.

                          I won't rest till it's the best ...
                          Programmer, Linux Scalability
                          Paul Jackson <pj at sgi.com> 1.650.933.1373