Is there a "reset" in Idle?

Anna revanna at mn.rr.com
Tue Oct 8 23:20:19 EDT 2002

On Mon, 07 Oct 2002 20:11:29 -0500, JXSternChangeX2R wrote:

> Another newbie question.
>
> After I've run a python program a few times and fixed a few bugs, it
> seems that the name spaces are polluted with old values.  Is there any
> kind of a "reset" that clears everything without exiting and restarting
> the process?
>
> Python 2.2 on XP Pro.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Joshua Stern

I ran a google search on this for you. From what I've read, the short
answer appears to be "no". Something to do with using only one interpreter
to run both the IDE and the program ...

Here's a link to the most relevant, clear article on the topic, imho.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=3B2129AC.90BA8650%40home.net

Hope this helps. If I've misunderstood your question, my apologies.

Anna

fellow newbie (quickly donning asbestos longjohns)