Attn: Brian Lenihan - do you have a web site where I can d/l your patch for Pysol or....

Brian Lenihan brian_l at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 9 14:58:06 EDT 2002

Andrew <ask.for.it at dev.null.com> wrote in message news:<uma7qukch1e934uiicomu8umdhlmt6lvct at 4ax.com>...

> (If I may be so bold as to suggest a couple of changes to your Readme
> file:
>
> 1) After applying the patch in Cygwin, you have to move the patched
> contents of the "src" directory into (supposing you've used the paths
> supplied by pysol-4.81.tar.bz2) the "pysol-4.81\data" directory in
> order for pysol to find its files

Hmm, I don't have to do this.

> 3) In order to hear music and avoid "pysolsoundserver not found"
> errors, check "Use DirectX for sound playing" under the "Options |
> Sound..." menu)

This sounds like a bug. My guess is the sound preferences get changed if
you run Pysol without the soundserver.

> (And - how much would it be worth to you to come up with a precompiled
> [*.pyc] version of the whole thing for Win32, your patch already
> incorporated, including the sound server binaries?)

I originally did this to make my wife happy.  I have no intention of
creating my own Pysol distribution.  I assume Marcus will have a Windows
installer again at some point.

If you'd like to continue this discussion, I would prefer doing it by e-mail.
Please use my Yahoo address.

Thanks