Globals

Newt newt_e at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Oct 16 13:11:16 EDT 2002

Hi,

What's the best 'way' of defining globals?

To better express my self, if I wanted to have strVar (a string), iVar (an
integer) (for example) as globals, I assume I'd have to declare them in my
main program:

strVar = ""
iVar = 0

and use the global command when ever I wanted to reference them:

global strVar
global iVar

Questions:

1. Is this the correct/best way?
2. To save typing in all the global statements, can I put them in to an
include file or a source file?
3. If I declare them in a .py file, do I still need the global commands to
use them within Classes and Functions etc defined within that same module?

Thanks

Newt