Decimal arithmetic, with example code

dougfort dougfort at dougfort.net
Tue Oct 1 15:50:33 EDT 2002

On Tue, 01 October 2002, Tim Peters wrote:

<snip/>

> suitable for all commercial applications, and I hope the FixedPoint project
> finds a way to let users specify the rounding *their* app needs.

<snip/>

We're talking about a class method, or a mixin class in the constructor. Not too
clear on this yet, because we want to get another release out with the initial
set of proposed changes (__slots__, etc.), before we deal with it.

We're also trying to accumulate test cases from c.l.p or wherever. We'd like to
add a benchmark/rounding demo to the project.

The more concrete examples proposed here and at fixedpoint.sourceforge.net, the
better.

Doug Fort <dougfort at dougfort.net>
http://www.dougfort.net