Random Database in Python

Tim Churches tchur at optushome.com.au
Wed Oct 23 03:40:43 EDT 2002

David LeBlanc wrote:

> Is there any example of the type of database used by programs like Lotus
> Agenda or InfoSelect in Python? Sometimes described as a "random"
> database...

Sort of like a "heterogenous stack", which is what Apple's much lamented
HyperCard
product was, I think. Also known as an "Entity-Attribute-Value" database
- see for example
http://ycmi.med.yale.edu/nadkarni/Introduction%20to%20EAV%20systems.htm

> Failing that, does anyone have a notion of how they work or can point me to
> information on them?

Maybe the "hyperdatabase" back-end used by Roundup is what you want: see
http://roundup.sourceforge.net/doc-0.5/design.html

BTW, isn't Mitch Kapor, the original designer of Lotus Agenda, building
a successor to it...in Python.
See http://blogs.osafoundation.org/mitch/000007.html

Tim C