How do I invoke IE browser from Python on Mac OS X?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Oct 21 13:25:33 EDT 2002

    >> I suspect perhaps there's something special about URLs so that they
    >> are only opened with the default browser.

    jaqui> that isn't really a bad thing. I could not run the script you are
    jaqui> working on if it requires ie, not available on linux.(besides my
    jaqui> not liking ie and not wanting it on my comp ) default browser is
    jaqui> a more portable solution than requiring a specific browser

Yes, but the OP's question asked specifically how to launch IE on MacOSX
from Python viewing a particular URL.  I don't use IE much either.  I only
retain it for when some website I visit doesn't like Opera (or when the
current Opera 6.0 beta1 version I'm using bugs out on me).

Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com
http://www.mojam.com/
http://www.musi-cal.com/