New to python

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Oct 21 18:33:13 EDT 2002

Alessandro Bottoni wrote:
> Alle 20:56, domenica 20 ottobre 2002, hai scritto:
>
>>And last but not least, whats the best place to find the different
>>exception handling techniques, the python.org site is obismal when compared
>>to php.net and the likes :( About as much use as a dead dog :(
>

> Taz, it is quite dangerous to speak your mind here in this way: you could be
> killed for this ;-)

Oh come, let's not exaggerate!  While there have been the odd
times when a contributor has suddenly and without apparent
explanation gone offline for extended periods - even permanently -
and some have been replaced by new and advanced bots without
notice or fanfare, I can assure you that the PSU kills outspoken
contributors rather less frequently than it used to.  These
days it is much more common simply to receive an unexpected