migrate from java to python. How?

2cents 2cents at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 2 06:59:17 EDT 2002

Hi,

I'm new to Python and I'm a Java programmer.

Can anyone recommend me a documentation/book to learn python for java
programmer.
I'm having some difficulties reading the python API (or I may have
downloaded a wrong API).

in Java, you can browse through packages and find classes, and then the
methods/variables.
But in python, there is only library reference
http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/lib.html
Is there any complete API documentation as can be found in JAVA?

Or probably as a newbie, this will be a question:
-Where does the python programmer find certain functions in the modules?