Python live CD with Tk

Thomas Korb Doc at goodweb.de
Mon Oct 14 10:09:58 EDT 2002

Is it possible to create a 'live CD' with Python/Tkinter for Linux and
Windows? This would be very nice (e.g. to use tools written in Python
on PCs of friends/customers etc. where you do not want or cannot install
Python).

The Windows-side does not seem to be such a big problem (I think) using
the binaries.

On Linux, I am not sure. E.g., when compiling Python, it needs to know
the location of the Tcl, Tk, X (and other) libraries.

Has someone experience with creating such a 'live CD'?

If it is possible, I think many people might be interested in a short
HOWTO on that subject.

Dr. Thomas Korb  /  GOODWEB.DEsign  /  www.goodweb.de  /  Doc at goodweb.de