question about python extension with c/c++

Zhen Zhang zhangz at in.tum.de
Wed Oct 16 09:04:14 EDT 2002

There are two more things to do before i can use my new extension: compiling
and linking it with the Python system.

If i want to make my module a permanent part of the Python interpreter, i
will have to change the configuration setup and rebuild the interpreter.
Luckily, this is very simple on Unix: just place my file (spammodule.c for
example) in the Modules/ directory of an unpacked source distribution, add a
line to the file Modules/Setup.local describing my file:

spam spammodule.o

and rebuild the interpreter by running make in the toplevel directory.

QUESTION:

If my module requires additional headerfiles to include (qstring.h for
example) and additional libraries (qtlibraies for example) to link with,
please tell me how to do.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.