embedding tcl interpreter in Python

Jeff Epler jepler at unpythonic.net
Wed Oct 23 16:48:03 EDT 2002

I think it would be sometimes-convenient to have _tclinter/Tclinter
modules.

It should not be difficult to do, though a little harder to do if you
want to share the code with _tkinter/Tkinter, not duplicate it.  (I hear
that Tk can be loaded with a tcl "load" command in 8.4 by default, and
in previous versions with corret configuration, which would make it
easy to write Tkinter on top of the hypothetical _tclinter)

The patch tracker on the sourceforge site is a good place to put
this, even if it's not ultimately incorporated into Python.

A few years go there was a program, possibly called "minotaur", intended
to be a bridge between multiple scripting languages.  I know Python and
tcl were two of the languages bridged.

Jeff