What a mess!

mongo57a at comcast.net mongo57a at comcast.net
Fri Oct 4 21:14:28 EDT 2002

On Redhat 7.3. Downloaded latest Python binaries (rpm) and tried to install.
Got lots of errors like:

"file /usr/lib/python2.2/........  from install of python2-2.2.1-1 conflicts
with file from package python2-2.2-16"

Got the same errors on install or update.

So in my infinite wisdom (or lack of....) I decided to try and uninstall
Python and start over. So I manually (isn't there a way to automatically
uninstall ????) deleted the install (directories) for 2.2. That left me
still with directories for Python 1.5 and Python2.

Started over with an rpm install of 2-2.2.1-1. Got the same errors. There
must be more going on here than I understand.

Thanks.