debugging python extension modules with MS vc++ 6.0

Jens Farmer jens.farmer at kodak.com
Wed Oct 16 15:33:17 EDT 2002

Hmmm.  I certainly used the "python_d.exe" for my "Executable for debug
session."  However, I'm not sure what to give the shell's "progam arguments."
Certainly you don't mean that I should give the shell the name of my extension
with no other commandline switches.  Doing so only causes the shell to complain

about syntax errors as it tries to interpret my extension as an ascii python
module.

I find your recollection about "program arguments" intriguing.  If you'd be so
kind, could you follow up with more specifics on those switches / args?  (you
can open a DOS window and type "python_d -h" for a reminder on what the
shell supports)  Thanks for any help,

                                                              Jens