What a mess!

Chris Fonnesbeck spam at fisher.forestry.uga.edu
Tue Oct 22 15:56:43 EDT 2002

I have just tried making RH 8.0 RPMs from the SRPM. Though the
compilation went well, trying to install them was unsuccessful. The
SRPM makes RPMs of python packages with the prefix "python2-2.2.2"
rather than just "python-2.2.2".  This causes all sorts of dependency
problems on 8.0, since the 1.x version is no longer part of the
distribution as it was in the 7.x releases.  Is there any way to make
RPMs that are "python-2.2.2", so that the rpm installer doesnt
complain?