SOAP frustrations

John Keeling johnfkeeling at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 18 16:01:51 EDT 2002

Derek, I totally agree with you. The only extra that I can offer to
what you are saying is that when the organizational politics is
sorted, SOAP/HTTP will offer better a compromise to all parties than
CORBA/IIOP, in general. This is due to the issue that each CORBA
server on a host must have its own port, and the typical
implementation of a CORBA system uses multiple servers per host and
hence multiple ports. SOAP systems are typically designed with much
more conservative use of ports.
Cheers,
John