[Mac] Editor on Macintosh?

Paul-Michael Agapow news at agapow.net
Fri Oct 4 05:37:45 EDT 2002

Paul-Michael Agapow <news at agapow.net> wrote:
> Sadly, it seems like the excellent editor Pepper is going away.
> So what are other MacPythonistas using?

Following up my own posting, I've found two new possibilities:

* mi <http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~gf6d-kmym/en/mimi/mimidownload.html>

A new and utterly free editor. Although it doesn't come with a Python
mode, it allows users to define new language modes and markups. Looks
quite good. One caveat - the author is Japanese and the documentation
and webpages can be a little confusing. For example, the english page
describing mi doesn't link to the download page.

* irEdit <http://www.idearesources.com>

Another Japanese program, that comes with a Python mode. Unfortunately
this is a use-limited demo, but the price is nice and it looks quite
good.

--
Paul-Michael Agapow (news at agapow.net)