On The Naming of Things

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.pp.ru
Tue Oct 29 05:57:52 EST 2002

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/2225

   "I've been thinking recently about what accounts for the CPAN's success;
well, that's not quite true. I've been trying to work out what accounts for
the Ruby Application Archive and Python's Vaults of Parnassus comparative
failure."

   "Definitive names discourage wheel reinvention. Descriptive names are
best for libraries."

   "Shamans have long known the value of the correct and definitive naming
of things; programmers of libraries and modules would do well to rediscover
it."

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru