newbie Q: how do you re prompt user?

Jonathan Driller jdriller at orchid.org
Sun Oct 20 23:13:31 EDT 2002

I am just getting started so a very basic Q:
If I write something that prompts a user for a response and then use
the same function later it does not work...how come? I have tried
encapsulating this in a def and then calling itself at the end but
that did not work either...

#import sleep function so we can remind hiring manager... ;-)
from time import sleep

x = raw_input("Wanna hire someone who likes Python and likes to
learn?")    #use function to get input
negative = ''   #assignment of empty char to initialize
positive = ''

#loop thru all no possibilities (crude) and assign n if no
if x == 'n':
    negative == 'n'
elif x == 'No':
    negative == 'n'
elif x == 'NO':
    negative == 'n'
else:
    negative = ''

while negative == 'n':
    print "Please reconsider your choice"

#loop thru all yes possibilities (crude) and assign y if yes
if x == 'y':
    positive = 'y'
elif x == 'yes':
    positive = 'y'