New to python

e-tones.co.uk admin at e-tones.co.uk
Sun Oct 20 14:56:56 EDT 2002

Hi all, im new to python, i have an oriely book on order, should get me
going.

Are there any decent reference sites I can peek at (im a seased programmer
btw, so the fundamentals will be fine). I see that if you want to use a
function you have to import it from the library at the top (grr :P), anyhow,
are there any more 'quirks' such as this I should know about ?

Also, whats the easiest way to see what data type is help in a variable? eg
string, integer etc.

And last but not least, whats the best place to find the different exception
handling techniques, the python.org site is obismal when compared to php.net
and the likes :( About as much use as a dead dog :(

Thanks to all who can help

Cheers,
Taz