Attn: Brian Lenihan - do you have a web site where I can d/l your patch for Pysol or....

Andrew ask.for.it at dev.null.com
Wed Oct 9 00:19:28 EDT 2002

On 8 Oct 2002 11:55:33 -0700, brian_l at yahoo.com (Brian Lenihan) wrote:

>Well, I could mail it to you, but your e-mail address does not look like
>it would work.

(Ever since AT&T ate @Home and forced an email name change, it's been
bliss - no spam.  Not posting my email address on Usenet helps. :-)

>http://homepage.mac.com/brian_l

Hot damn, it works - THANK YOU!!!

(If I may be so bold as to suggest a couple of changes to your Readme
file:

1) After applying the patch in Cygwin, you have to move the patched
contents of the "src" directory into (supposing you've used the paths
supplied by pysol-4.81.tar.bz2) the "pysol-4.81\data" directory in
order for pysol to find its files

2) You can manually install the sound server by copying the
pre-compiled dll's in "pysolsoundserver-win32\src\build\lib.win32-2.2"
to "<path_to_python>\Lib\site-packages" - no need to run setup.py

3) In order to hear music and avoid "pysolsoundserver not found"
errors, check "Use DirectX for sound playing" under the "Options |
Sound..." menu)

(And - how much would it be worth to you to come up with a precompiled
[*.pyc] version of the whole thing for Win32, your patch already
incorporated, including the sound server binaries?)

Thanks again,
Andrew
--
"That's not me, and you know it."
- Karl Rove, Shrubya's chief political adviser, responding to

(Sure, Karl.  Whatever you say.)