SOAP frustrations

Gustavo Niemeyer niemeyer at conectiva.com
Wed Oct 16 08:36:20 EDT 2002

[...]
> In addition, SOAP.py has similar coding style pecularities, and there's
> some bug that comes up in Python 2.2 because of changes in Python's
> type/class system.  (We're using Python 2.1 so it isn't yet a problem.
> I also haven't tested ZSI to see if this is a problem.)
>
> Finally, it seems that neither SOAP.py nor ZSI are actively developed.
> There hasn't been a recent release of either package, and the CVS logs
> show little change.

I've had the same problems when looking for a library some time ago. I
ended up forking ZSI and fixing whatever I found interesting for my
usage (free software is beautiful, isn't it?). The result is at
http://moin.conectiva.com.br/NINZ, and is actually being used for some
internal projects in the company.

> It's such that the more CS-y people at my client's site believe that
> web services in Python are still very immature and
[...]

They're right.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer

[ 2AAC 7928 0FBF 0299 5EB5  60E2 2253 B29A 6664 3A0C ]