Subclassing FixedPoint

dougfort dougfort at dougfort.net
Tue Oct 15 07:02:00 EDT 2002

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, paul at nlhas.no wrote:

> Can anyone explain why the following fails when using the subclass
> (recursion problem), but work using the base class?
>
> It worked with the last "pre-Sourceforge" version of FixedPoint, so I
> presume this might be a bug in the latest version -- I just can't for
> the life of me see what could cause this!
>
> pm

I presume it's a bug too. I'm tied up with my day job right now. I'll look into
it when I get the chance. I fear it's related to the use of __slots__, which I
threw in just because it sounded cool. You might want to report an official bug
at the SourceForge site: that leaves less chance of it slipping through the
cracks.

Doug Fort <dougfort at dougfort.net>
http://www.dougfort.net