Python, CORBA, and Borland Java interop?

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Oct 11 01:52:33 EDT 2002

dave at 3dex.com (Dave Benjamin) writes:

> Does anyone know of a possible solution (open source or commercial) to
> this Python->Java interoperability issue?

If you can impose restrictions on the expressiveness of the IDL you
need to support, then it should be possible to add valuetypes to any
of the ORBs in reasonable time. For example, if you only need
StringValue/WStringValue, then implementing this as a special case.

I'm most familiar with Fnorb these days; I'd invite you to post
details of your requirements (only value boxes or true value types,
inheritance or not, truncation or not, support for cyclic structures
or not, what to do about methods, etc.).

I also seem to recall that omniORBpy has made progress in the area of
valuetypes, so you may want to check the latest version.

Regards,
Martin