Python threading?

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Tue Oct 8 18:47:19 EDT 2002

Steve Holden wrote:
> Until I read this, I thought there might be practical reasons to think
> about mixing the two approaches. Asyncore is a great way to be responsive
> to incoming network connections and data, but if the process then has to
> hang around to do database I/O you might not win very much from the
> asynchronous approach.

It seems that Twisted Matrix lets you mix the two approaches quite nicely --
as an asyncore fan to another, I would suggest you look into Twisted, as "a
better asyncore than asyncore" in some ways:-).  (I've only really looked
into the lower levels, so far, but I like what I see there, quite a lot).

Alex