Python-mysql: Still stuck.

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Thu Oct 10 12:14:15 EDT 2002

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Steve Holden wrote:

><mongo57a at comcast.net> wrote in message
>news:3da4fd6c_6 at goliath.newsgroups.com...
>> Well, after pulling nearly all of my hair out, I finally have the answer:
>> The build process must use internal python directives which reference
>> "python" and not "python2.2" or whatever version you have installed. So I
>> have python1.5, 2, and 2.2 installed on my RH7.3 system. But "python" is a
>> cp of "python1.5".
>>
>> And it does not matter that you build with the correct version (i.e.
>> python2.2 setup.py build).
>>
>> So the trick is to rename your current distribution (in my case
>"python2.2"
>> a.k.a "python2.2.1") to "python". And it all comes together.

There is no need to rename python when using Distutils. It's enough
to specify python in the .pydistutils.cfg file (or setup.cfg),
e.g:

[bdist_rpm]
python=python2

and then run

python2 setup.py bdist_rpm

*

I had another problem with Distutils (or rpm?) though.
By default it uses privileges 0500 directories
to be installed into site-packages... The same problem
with some Perl packages. (Maybe it's a matter of
umask of root).

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
rnd at onego.ru =\= My AI powered by Linux RedHat 7.2