ingres - python possible?

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Thu Oct 10 06:52:24 EDT 2002

[posted & mailed]

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, eugene kim wrote:

> i was planning to use python for my project
> (db is ingres, it's fixed..--)
> i failed googling for driver for ingres..
>
> there's no driver for it?

There is a module (ingmod), written by Holger Meyer, which I have had a
little play with - at least I've been able to use it to dump data from a
database.

The link I found in my mail archives (from around April 2001) is:
http://freezope.nipltd.net/HamishLawson/PythonModules/ingmod/ingmod.tar.gz

I think that the source is actually hosted somewhere else now, but don't
have the link here at home.

The module was developed on Solaris, and is documented as supporting
Ingres 6.4 and OpenIngres 1.5.

E-mail: andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at pcug.org.au            |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Web:    http://www.andymac.org/        |        Australia