Newvie Question About script linking

Jeff Davis jdavis at empires.org
Tue Oct 8 05:11:58 EDT 2002

You need some type of authentication function on each python script. If you
want to protect an entire directory, you'll have to look into apache
configuration.

Each python script could do the following:
(1) see if the appropriate cookie is set
(2) validate the user/password combination contained in the cookie
(3) if it's correct, then have the python script print out html code that
you want protected; if not, send a location header to redirect them to the
login page.

To send a location header, then you need to do:
print "Location: http://some.domain/some/path/login.cgi"

but you have to do that before you send any other output. That header tells
the browser to go to that new location. Then, they can log in and
hopefully this time they get their password right.

Regards,
        Jeff Davis