Accessing MySQL *without* using MySQLdb

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Tue Oct 1 12:07:45 EDT 2002

"Luis Apiolaza" <Luis.Apiolaza at utas.edu.au> wrote ...
> Hi,
>
> I'm writing a few Python scripts for CGI. My hosting company sort of
> supports Python (it has Python 1.5.2 running in the server - Red Hat
> Linux + Apache) and MySQL. However, they are not very keen in
> installing new modules (e.g. MySQLdb). How can I access a MySQL
> database from Python, without installing new modules? Does anyone have
> a few pieces of code that would achieve this?

You'd be far better off moving to a hosting company that properly supports
Python and its database modules, otherwsie you'll bve struggling every time
you want to incorporate someone else's work into your web site. I use
www.cornerhost.com, but there are others as well.

regards
Previous .sig file retired to                    www.homeforoldsigs.com