Python GTK JPEG Images

Murray Blakeman blakeman.murray.j at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Oct 17 22:02:33 EDT 2002

I am new to Python.  I have only recentry started investigating Python
as a programming language to use on Linux.  I intend on making a front
end for a PostgresQL (RHDB) database.

It appears that it will do most things that I want it to but I have
found it difficult finding information on how to display JPEG images
(from the HDD) in a GTK window with Python.

I will need to specify the location for the JPEG image and the size
(hopefully it can resize the image itself to fit).  It is possible to
populate a GTK window with multiple different JPEG images.

I store the image filename in my SQL database.

Is what I want to do possible.

Thank you in advanced.

Please CC any replies directly to my email address also.

Thank you.