Embedding Python in Borland C++ Builder 5.x?

Robert Oschler Oschler at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 14 02:37:53 EDT 2002

"David Abrahams" <dave at boost-consulting.com> wrote in message
news:uhefq46or.fsf at boost-consulting.com...
> "Robert Oschler" <Oschler at earthlink.net> writes:
>
> Are you planning to port Boost.Python to Borland? The Borland template
> machinery is broken enough that I decided not to invest in trying to
> get it to work with Boost.Python at all. I tried my test cases against
> the free Borland 5.5.1 compiler and quickly gave up since they were
> all failing. I'd love to have a port, but I'm guessing it'd be a
> (very) significant investment of effort to do one.

David,

I was until you indicated how much work it would be, plus the previous
worries about other MSVC lib compatibility worries.  I barely have enough
time on this project for the project itself.  And in order of priority,
switching platforms form Windows to Linux in this discussion, I'd like to
see a Kylix 3/C++ IDE compatible Boost Library first anyways.  Hopefully
I'll get some time to try that some day.

thx