PyQwt

Mark Hobbes2176 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 31 23:38:23 EST 2002

Hello all,

I'm trying to play with PyQwt.

I have python-2.2.1, Numeric-21.0, qt-3.05-r2, sip-3.4, PyQT-3.4 installed
on my system [it's a gentoo system so I didn't build them by hand].  When I
attempt to follow the instructions at:
http://gerard.vermeulen.free.fr/installation.html#UNIX-INSTALL
I run into a small problem trying to set
sip_spec_dirs = ['/usr/share/sip/qt'] to the place that has "qtmod.sip &
friends".

The problem is, I can't find a single *.sip file on my machine (beside in
the source code for PyQwt.  If I download PyKDE I can find some .sip files,
but nowhere else.  Is PyKDE needed for    qtmod.sip?  Is it possible that on
e of the gentoo packages [such as for qt, sip, or pyqt] is not installin
g everything it should?  How can I test out the installation of thes
e programs?  About all I've verified is that I can run the "eric" debugge
r that comes with pyqt (I think that is what it comes with) and I've toye
d around with Numeric.  I can't vouch for sip or pyqt.

TIA for any help.

Regards,
Mark