Is the word "Python" copyrighted/trademarked?

David Lloyd-Jones dlloyd1104 at rogers.com
Thu Oct 3 12:26:28 EDT 2002

Michael Stenner wrote:

> For example, "Windows" is trademarked by Microsoft.  That is in more
> common usage than "python" and also refers to a common object.

I'm not sure whether that has become true today. The original situation
was that Microsoft were forced to take out their trade mark on
"Microsoft Windows" because "Windows" was already taken by some other
piece of software.

I don't know whether Microsoft eventually succeeded in buying the other
guys out.

                                     -dlj.