Getting SSL certificate

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Sun Nov 10 21:32:06 EST 2002

On Sun, 10 Nov 2002 02:49:52 -0500, Martin v. Loewis wrote:

> While that might be the case, I don't really see the need for that. If
> you expose SSL_get_verify_result, your application would work, right?
>
> If you provide a patch that exposes both (get_verify_result, and
> server_cert), this would be most appreciated.

You are correct.  I have to provide a proof of concept demo by the 15th -
so I will go ahead and use python, glossing over the lack of actual
certificate verification for the demo.  I am confident now that I can
patch socketmodule.c to provide the needed functionality later.  This is
for a business EDI application, and the PHB believes that it must already
be secure because it uses SSL - so the lack of authentication won't be
noticed for the demo.  He simply does not understand how you could be
talking to the wrong party if it's encrypted.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>