Python and gd library - Thank to all

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue Nov 26 03:50:32 EST 2002

Chris Gonnerman wrote:

> > The old gd-lib 1.8 can create and manipolate low quality images jpg but
> > the new gd-lib 2.0 can create and manipulate high quality jpg.
>
> I wasn't aware of any difference there... I am now using
> GD 2.0.1 on my development system, and my gddemo.py still
> produces fuzzy and color-incorrect JPEG's; the *same* image
> object produces a crisp, clear PNG.

the first item under "what's new in 2.0" in the GD documentation says:

    Support for truecolor images! /.../ To create a truecolor image
    from scratch, call the new gdImageCreateTrueColor function. The
    gdImageCreate function is still available to create palette images,
    and may also be referred to as gdImageCreatePalette.

</F>

PS. PIL 1.1.4 now supports opentype/truetype fonts.  more info here:
http://effbot.org/zone/pil-changes-114.htm