Announcement: Python based Sourcecode generator (engineering)

Dominic oblivious at web.de
Fri Nov 15 11:55:15 EST 2002

The code generator can be used to produce
signal processing source code for
control/audio/image processing applications
similar to the Matlab/Simulink/Real-Time Workshop.

Currently the templates for the main program
and the operators are written in C interspersed
with embedded Python commands which allows the
code generator to glue the operators together
easily.

The generated source code is twice as fast as
the legacy c++ implementation at our department
for 5 operators. Well and my implementation
is available as open source so you can actually
use it ;-)

By not only using the template system for operators
but also for the main program it is easy to support
various targets. Currently the source includes a
user-space simulation template and one for
Real-Time Linux.

Through the deployed coating technique the source
code can adopt to certain performance requirements
e.g. development, production and still maintain
high performance.

Well, the thesis paper is a good starting point
and documents the generator quite good.
So have a look at it and see if you can use
something for your own projects. :-)

http://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~hillbr/public/

Ciao,
  Dominic