Tim Hochberg tim.hochberg at ieee.org
Fri Nov 22 12:22:38 EST 2002

"Gareth McCaughan" <Gareth.McCaughan at pobox.com> wrote in message

> >  The interesting thing is that as far as I know, no one has put together
> >  module to simulate multiple dispatch. Or if they have, they haven't
pushed
> >  it very hard.
>
> http://www.sff.net/people/neelk/open-source/Multimethod.py

Yeah, I was found this and one other implementation soon after I posted,
then I was promptly informed of a third. I suppose the lesson is google
first post later.

It still seems that people don't miss multimethods, or even just plain
overloaded methods, with the same ferocity as, for instance, curly block
delimiters.

-tim