Python 2.2.2 on OS/390 V2R10

pu pu at myRealBox.com
Sun Nov 3 12:49:09 EST 2002

> Also, I believe REXX is availible for all three environments. AFIC, it's
> a typical kludge scripting language, but it does work.

The only open source REXX I know of is Regina, but it sadly lacks the OO
features, and there are not nearly as many libraries available as for
Python. Also, the error handling seems rather poor compared to Python.

And I also have the impression that REXX as a language is stuck in it
evolution, whereas Python is obviously not.
So much for REXX, which I appreciated a lot but which isn't "up to date"
IMHO.

I have heard of ObjectREXX from IBM, but then again it's neither open source
nor has it got such a large (and excellent...) user base.

-Patrick