A vision for Parrot

Giuseppe Bilotta bilotta78 at hotpop.com
Wed Nov 6 14:27:04 EST 2002

Robin Becker wrote:
> In article <aqbimo$a36$1 at news.ox.ac.uk>, Frodo Morris
> .
> >> The problem that people keep forgetting is that Turing Equivilence
> >> requires indefinite memory. Turing Machines are defined as having
> >> infinite "tapes". Given any finite memory size, I can come up with
> >> an interpreter the emulation of which would not fit in that finite
> >> memory size.
> >Perdantick bast.  :-)
> >Imagine if parrot could understand all currently- and popularly-
> >implemented interpreted languages.
> >
> which language was it that got kicked to death by the others?

XML, but it wasn't a programming language. And they all kicked to
death because XML parsing is now considered a MUST for any "sane"
language.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

"Da grande lotterò per la pace"
"A me me la compra il mio babbo"
(Altan)
("When I grow up, I will fight for peace"
 "I'll have my daddy buy it for me")