loggin out automatically

Ken Starks straton at lampsacos.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 6 07:18:19 EST 2002

In article <3DC853DF.6060509 at cyberspace.org>, trewornan
<treworn at cyberspace.org> writes
>I am responsible for maintaining a PC in a hotel which is available for use of
>guests, basically just e-mail and web browsing.
<snip>
>I begin to suspect this might be beyond my capabilities.
Once you have a Linux solution, which should not be too
difficult, the python `Front end' should follow along easily.

But do you need to log them off at all ? Why not just allow
them to stay on, and charge it to their bill ? They are
likely to get pretty annoyed if you log them off half way
through writing an important letter.

The Linux log files will tell you to the second when they
logged off and when they logged on.

Linux solution or not, python may come into it. A Zope
server must surely be one of the easiest to set up, and
you could provide your guests and staff with all sorts
of desirable facilities.

--
Ken Starks