Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Mon Nov 25 18:43:58 EST 2002

Martti Halminen wrote:
> Alexander Schmolck wrote:

>>Well, if you prefer then elt is inconsistent :)
>
> Sure it is. We are talking about a language that had as one of its
> primary design criteria at least some compatibility with existing code
> bases in its predecessors, so many design warts had to be retained.
> Obviously not a problem for people getting to define their language on a
> clean slate.

And this will set an upper bound on how far Python can go, with an
obligation not to break all the stuff piling up in the Vaults. (Not that
I am aware of any actual desire to take the language in new directions;
I get the feeling "less is more" was the Prime Directive.)

--

  kenny tilton
  clinisys, inc