Classes

Newt newt_e at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Nov 10 16:20:20 EST 2002

Hi,

I've got a question (or possible more than one) on classes that I need some
help with:

I'm putting together an application that uses Tkinter for the GUI. At the
moment I'm using separate classes for each of the screens I want to use. Is
this the usual way of doing it?

I've also added a __init__ to each class, so that it can call a do_widgets
routine (in the class) which creates and places all the widgets. Is this the
ususal way?

If I wanted to pass some values into my class how do I change the __init__
to accept the input? [I suppose part of the problem is because I'm calling
the class with the command ClassName(self) ]

Is the correct way to do this:
    in the class module, get the __init__ to do not very much, and then call
the do_widgets routine?

Thanks,

Newt