using com object written in python from iis/asp

Uwe Schmitt uwe.schmitt at procoders.net
Thu Nov 28 08:10:11 EST 2002

Uwe Schmitt <uwe.schmitt at procoders.net> wrote:
> Mark Hammond <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote:
>> Uwe Schmitt wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I wrote a python script for the implementation of a
>>> com server. If I use a python script as client, everything
>>> is o.k. But if I try to contact the com object from an ASP
>>> script, I get:
>>>
>>>    Python COM Server Internal Error- Fehler '80004002'
>>>
>>>    Unexpected Python Error: exceptions.ImportError: No module named com_planefit
>>>

>> If com_planefit.py is on a network path, this could be your problem.
>> COM objects run by IIS are run under the LocalSystem user, not your
>> current user.  This is almost always the underlying reason for such
>> problems.

> Yes, you're right, it's on a network path. I'll try it tomorow.

Well, I tried it, and it works for the py2exe version  of the server.

BUT: If I use the script-version of the com-server I get

    Warning: Unable to obtain IDispatch interface for CLSID
    {D0940C70-C0B8-42C9-A542-2587D8F9190D}: ClassFactory kann angeforderte Klasse
    nicht liefern in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\com.php on line 4

That is the CLSID of my script server. Again python clients can access
the server...

Greetings, Uwe.

--
Dr. rer. nat. Uwe Schmitt      Computer science is no more about Computers,
uwe.schmitt at num.uni-sb.de      than astronomy is about telescopes. (Dijkstra)