System Administration with Python -- documentation?

Stephen Ferg steve at ferg.org
Sun Nov 17 12:46:57 EST 2002

I'd like to suggest Python as a useful tool for our (NT and Unix)
System Administrators.

Ideally, there would be a book called something like "System
Administration with Python" or "Python for System Administrators", and
I could just recommend that book. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to
be such a book in print.  (I think there is a need here that O'Reilly
should jump on!)

I have found the "System Administration" category of the "Python
Cookbook".  It has some useful material, but of course it is not
designed to give systematic and comprehensive coverage of all of the
tasks that a system administrator would like to do with Python.

Does anyone have any suggestions for materials on the subject of
Python for System Administrators?  Online materials?  Chapters from
books?  Anything?