simple text editor w/ D&D of hyperlinks

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Tue Nov 19 02:11:58 EST 2002

Andrew Dalke:

> I want a text editor where I can drag a hyperlink from Mozilla
> onto it and have the editor include that URL along with a
> hyperlink.

   The Mozilla (1.1) on X URL drag format appears incompatible with most
editors. On Windows, Scintilla can receive the URL text but not on X where
it is looking for "STRING", "TEXT", "COMPOUND_TEXT", or "text/uri-list"
formats. OTOH Classic Netscape uses a widely supported drag format.
Scintilla wouldn't be a good candidate for your other requirements, I'm just
mentioning it because I understand how its drag and drop code works.

   Neil